A Virtual Assistant is a professional who specialises in providing administrative services, technical, or creative assistance to their clients remotely.
Virtual Assistants are particularly in demand by start-ups and business going through growing pains that require support but don’t want the hassle of having employees or having to provide them with the equipment to work. It might be that you only need someone for a few hours a week but at times have a much larger need. Those are all reasons why you would hire a VA.
If you believe there are restrictions by not having your VA on site, then you probably need to have a Virtual Assistant. Technology is constantly providing ways to overcome having someone ‘in person’. They might not be able to personally get you a coffee in the morning for instance, but through a service such as Uber Eats, they place a coffee order and get it delivered to you.
The tasks of a Virtual Assistant are not restricted to clerical jobs. They can provide marketing and web design support for example. Some Virtual Assistants specialise in a certain range of skills and execute activities relevant to those skills only. Other Virtual Assistant’s may specialise in a particular industry e.g. Real Estate.
What tasks can a VA do for you?
The list is extensive and would be impossible to list them all here. If you’re unsure ask the question by reaching out to Candice@virtualassistant.co.nz but the below is a list of a handful of examples how hiring a VA could work for you:
- Take your calls and book appointments using scheduling software (imagine a Plumber and all the jobs they get in a day – imagine we could take those calls and load the details into your software and you get a notification of the job on your phone – linked to the address in google maps)
- Website content – keep your content updated and up to date. Includes loading blogs and other updates
- Social Media Management – this could be your LinkedIn, Facebook or whatever your social channel of choice is. Have your VA post regular content for you.
- Email management – deal with the day to day and set up the process so that you are only dealing with those that you need to. Do you spend a lot of time dealing with requests for invoice copies or standard questions – this is something your Virtual Assistant can deal with for you.
- Calendar management – ensure you know where you need to be and when. If you’re tired of turning up for appointments and people have forgotten about them – you need a VA to manage and remind your appointments.
Technology is your friend (and ours) when working with a Virtual Assistant company. Let us get your life under control so you can begin to achieve your goals – whether that’s growth, working less hours, having more time off or simply not working every evening.
If you would like to know more about how a VA could work for you or more about our VA service please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 04 909009 or leave your details below and we will be in touch.